Healthcare Interpreter Training;
Requisites, Principles and Practices
Link2Spanish Healthcare Interpreter Training; Requisites, Principles and Practices, (HIT), is an intensive, 7-day, 60-hour course that will provide the candidate with a strong foundation in the profession of medical interpreting. This course was developed in part due to the rigid requirements to utilize trained, qualified interpreters which hospitals and other healthcare facilities must comply with to meet the needs of the Limited English Proficient population. In addition, this course will serve as fulfillment of one of the requirements for registration for national medical interpreter certification.
- May 6, 7, 13, 20, 21, 27, 28, 2017 (Saturdays and Sundays)
- Location: Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta – Learning Services Center
- 1600 Tullie Circle, Atlanta GA 30329
- All Languages welcome
The Course Covers: Course Instructor:
- The Role of the Interpreter Orlin Márquez, DNP, MBA,
- Interpretation Techniques FNP-BC, CMI-Spanish; one of
- Interpreter Protocol the best, most knowledgeable,
- Medical Terminology and well recognized
- Code of Ethics instructors in the field.
- Standards of Practice For more information and
- HIPAA Registration, please visit
- Cultural Competency www.medicalinterpretersolutions.com
Cost: $750* – Includes all course materials; a Student Manual, and “Anatomy-Physiology for Interpreters in Healthcare” handbook.
*Non-refundable language assessment fee additional ($120)
Class is limited to 25 students.